What are the Most Common Troubleshooting Questions?
To expedite your support request, please provide the following information when you submit a ticket:
- What product is this affecting? (Capture, VRS, License Utility, KTA, etc.)
- Who does this affect?
- A single user
- Specific users
- All users
- Where is this occurring?
- All Workstations
- Only certain workstations
- A single workstation
Depending on the error or problem, we may need more details about your installation.
- What is the version of the product? (Open Batch Manager ¦ Click Book Icon in Upper Right)
- What is your product serial number? (Open Kofax License Utility ¦ Serial Number is at the Bottom)
- Is this a client/server, standalone or remote installation?
- What type of database is configured in database utility? (Start Menu ¦ Type DBUTIL)
- SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- Are you using KCNS or Thin Client?
Can this issue be replicated? (Same user on another workstation or other users on the same workstation?)
- Have any windows updates been applied recently?
- Did any permissions change on the database or service accounts?
- Were any Kofax service packs or fix packs installed?
- Are there any errors in the log files or windows events?
- Do the HIPS or AntiVirus logs show any blocks, errors or access violations?
Registry Settings and Key Details
Accessing Windows Registry may require Administrative or Elevated User Permissions
Registry Settings for Version, Path and Server Location
For Kofax Capture servers, the registry can provide lots of information about the installation location, major version, server location, and more. Provide the entries or screenshot for CurrentVersion, ExePath and ServerPath.
For Windows 64-bit systems:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Kofax Image Products\
For Windows 32-bit systems:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kofax Image Products\
Registry Settings - Path to ACCONFIG.XML
Please verify the value of HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Kofax\SALicClient Registry Key (with the SharedLicenseServerFileUnc entry)'s Value (path to ACConfig.xml) exist and does not point to an incorrect location.
This Registry Key is located in:
• Windows 64-bit Systems
• Windows 32-bit Systems
The Value for this Key is:
Scanner VRS and Driver Troubleshooting
Scanner Driver Troubleshooting: Open the Scanner Configuration Utility and check the correct scanner is selected? The utility can be launched from the Kofax Capture folder in the Start Menu. Also try opening the Kofax VRS Test Console from the Kofax ...
Using PROCMON for Troubleshooting Kofax Capture
Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, registry and process/thread activity. PROCMON can help us determine exactly when an error is occurring and what the system was trying to accomplish when the ...
Kofax Scanner Configurator - Usage and Link
Usage: This Scanner Configurator searches the latest releases of our hardware boards, runtimes, and VRS. If you need information for previous versions, please select the Legacy Configurations option below. Sales and Configuration Information: If ...